Salt and Sugar Scrubs are the latest trend in the beauty industry and thanks to #SAXA and our lovely friends at Social Soup, me and my girlfriends have been treated to an amazing girls night in.
Not only did we indulge in the most delicious foods last night… No, we have taken this gorgeous product test to a whole new level and created our very own Salt & Lemon Body Scrub using Saxa’s Pink Himalayan Salt Flakes.
To make your own Salt & Lemon Body Scrub you will need:
- 1/2 cup Saxa’s Pink Himalayan Salt Flakes
- 1/3 cup of your choice of oil
- Juice of one lemon (optionally: add some grated lemon rind for extra citrus scent)
You can use any liquid oil of your choice. Here are a few suggestions of what you can use:
- Sweet Almond Oil: helps to relieve irritation. It it finely textured, easily absorbed and leaves the skin soft and smooth
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: penetrates deep into the skin, providing needed moisture as well as a shield to protect your skin, keeping it smooth and moisturised
- Rice Bran Oil: Rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants that will leave your skin soft and healthy
Method: Simply combine all your ingredients in a bowl, mix well and transfer to a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and you’re ready to get glowing. If you avoid contamination with water, you should be able to keep your body scrub for about 6 to 8 weeks.
For maximising moisturising benefits, use the scrub as the last step in your shower routine.